Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia, playing a crucial role in economy, politics and culture of this nation. Besides, it has also left a deep mark on tourists’ memory all over the world. That’s the reason why visitors often spend much time in Cambodia discovering this city. Now let’s take a tour around Phnom Penh to know more about interesting destinations in this city.
1. Royal PalaceRoyal Palace of Cambodia is a complex of buildings which serves as the residence of the king, king’s family and foreign guests. This is the place where protocols and Royal rituals take place.
|Royal Palace of Cambodia is both luxury and elegant|
2. National Museum of CambodiaLocated in Phnom Penh, National Museum of Cambodia was designed and built from 1917 to 1920 in the style of traditional Khmer. This is where to store the most ancient archeological, religious and artistic works of Khmer (4th-13th century).
|National Museum of Cambodia with the Khmer architecture|
If tourists would like to discover the history and culture of Cambodia, this museum is a must-see place.
3. Wat PhnomSituated in the central area of Phnom Penh, Wat Phnom is the oldest and most sacred temple of this city. It is constructed in 1373, being the symbol of spiritual culture of Cambodia.
|Wat Phnom - The most sacred temple in Phnom Penh|
Attached to the legend related to the beginning of Phnom Penh, Wat Phnom attracts a large number of Buddhists from many places in Cambodia. It is said to be a historical temple which cannot be missed.
4. Independence MonumentLocated at the intersection between Norodom and Sihanouk Boulevard, Independence Monument is always on the list of tourist attractions in Phnom Penh.
|The impressive beauty of Independence Monument in Phnom Penh|
Independence monument is modeled after the shape of lotus – a featured image of Khmer culture. With the water fountain, artistic lighting system and purple in color, it becomes highly impressive at night.
5. Sisowath QuayThe renowned entertainment area in Phnom Penh is Sisowath Quay or often called the new Western Town of Phnom Penh. There are plentiful of bars, cafes, restaurants in this street.
|Sisowath Quay - The bustling Western Town in Phnom Penh|
6. Phsar Thom Thmei (Central Market)This is one of the most well-known and crowed markets in Phnom Penh. It impresses travelers with unique architecture and abundant goods like clothes, jewelries, crafts…
|Phsar Thom Thmei market - The ideal shopping area in Phnom Penh|